Monday, July 3, 2023

DXpeditions from known HAMs

 It is always nice to announce DXpeditions from HAMs you know or have often contacted. Neighbourstation PA4O will be active from St. Eustatius as PJ5/PA4O together with PE6Q (PJ5/PE6Q). In the IARU contest the upcoming weekend they will use the contest call PJ5C.


Of course I hope to contact them on a couple of bands. Preferable 60m and 6m. But any other band will do of course. More info: https://www.dx-world.net/pj5-pa4o-pj5-pe6q-sint-eustatius/


Hartmut DB6LL which is a very active 60m DXer was unshure if he could get his radio equipment to Helgoland Isl. EU-127. This morning he texted me he was on the airport and waiting for clearance. Thumbs up for him because he managed to setup the station. I already worked him on 60m this evening. Helgoland is about 120km from here.


Hartmut send me a photo from the "shack" at Helgoland. Wishing him a good DX and a fun vacation.

2 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, I will be taking part in this contest (you guessed it CW) and if they are operating CW hopefully I will get them in the log.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, they are experienced CW operators. I'm shure you will get PJ5C in the log. 73, Bas