Thursday, March 2, 2023

VarAC session today

 Some fun with VarAC digimode today. When beaconing this morning first station that connected me was KH6ML from Hawaii. He relayed a message for OH8XAT via my station. That message was delivered later on. I had to go for the day at that moment and closed my station. When returning and switching on the station I immidiatly got an relay notice from OH8XAT. So I decided to record it and let you see how VarAC works at my side.



This is really a great digimode with a lot of possebilities. And it does well with very weak signals. A simple antenna and low power can do very well. For instance I worked A65IN (Abu Dhabi, UAE) this afternoon when I got info he used 100W in a balcony mounted magloop. 

3 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Bas, gewoon een mailtje via Google gaat makkelijker. Hi. Ik heb mijn oude blog verwijderd, ik dacht tijdelijk, maar toen kon ik toch meer terug ondanks ik de template had gedownload. Heel vreemd. Mijn nieuwe adres is: https://amateurradiopa0k.blogspot.com/ 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, zonder internet gaat een mailtje niet via google. Je moet het zien als een alternatief. Ik zal het nieuwe adres in de blogroll vermelden. 73, Bas

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Bas, daar heb je wel gelijk in. 73 Paul