Sunday, January 15, 2023

#60m TN8K Rep. of the Congo worked

 Not particular proud of this contact. Wish I could do it another way. TN8K finally showed up on 60m FT4 when I actually had time to listen. But I didn't see them at all. FT4 being not the most sensitive mode of course. Later in the evening I did receive some weak signals covered by QRM. I managed to get a report 2 times but was unable to receive his RR73. However, it seems he did receive mine at the second contact.

I have to write, regarding the reports they gave, they seem to have a incredible receive. They also have a live log online. I checked my first contact, not in the log. tried again and yes....in the log.


Of course it prevents working dupes. On the other hand the title of this post could also be... "The way we work DX on HF these days". If you search on google you will quickly find their live real time log on the internet. It is just a matter of trying and even without an RR73 you will know if you are in the log by looking at this log.


Of course that is not the meaning of this, but it is possible. Interesting to see that TN8K makes FM contacts on 10m at the same time. Propagation has to be really good it seems. At least I worked my first 60m new one of 2023 today.


No comments: