Monday, October 5, 2020

I was wrong....portable WSPR results

 I was wrong assuming I had no spots transmitting one slot after my unsuccessful participation in the POC yesterday. Although I programmed WSPRwatch with the call PE4BAS/P I probabely transmitted PE4BAS only (a glitch in the software?). By coincidence I checked WSPRwatch on my iphone today when I saw my signal was spotted after all...


I had similair results in the past with 5W and the superantenna MP-1 setup. It is always a surprise that such a small antenna does so much magic. The nice thing with this setup is that I don't need a tablet or computer to transmit WSPR. Only the WSPRwatch app on my iphone will do.

When weather is good I certainly want to try this setup at the coast near the sea. Setting up the station to do some WSPR transmissions will only take 5 minutes. Same for breaking down. I could do a complete experiment in just 20 minutes. It takes longer to walk to the water and find a suitable place for the experiment.

2 comments:

Photon said...

Interesting! Imagine 5W plus a minimum 10dB enhancement - you will be the King of WSPR!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Would be nice to see the diffence and repeat your experiments on this side. 73, Bas