Monday, December 17, 2018

CG3000 tuner test

Very bad connector....
black corroded pin was +12V
Remember my hamradio nightmare in June this year? Well, I let it dry a few weeks and I removed all the inside corrosion. The 12V connector was unrepairable, I removed it and mounted another one. I couldn't see any damage to the electronic components and no corrosion on the printboard as well. So I had good hopes the tuner had survived. However, when I connected everything it was not doing anything...
When removing the 12V cable I noticed a clicking noise. I connected it again and moved it a little a clicking noise could be heard, it was alive!
You'll see in my video that the tuner is still working. I can make plans for the use in a new HF antenna system now...





1 comment:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, fijn voor je, dat je tuner weer werkt. Vervangen kost veel geld en dat heb je nu bespaart. Hou hem droog zou ik zeggen.
73 Hans, PE1BVQ