Thursday, March 22, 2018

Post nr.1000

Incredible, this is post number 1000. I've thought about writing something special but nothing comes to mind. So just a thank you for all readers. I hope you stay tuned for future posts.

Too busy last weeks so I didn't have much time to work all the interesting DX that is on the bands. I worked TN5R (Congo) but am not appearing in the log so I guess it didn't happen? I heard 3C0W (Annobon Isl.) on 17m with S7 but unfortenately my radio didn't work. Once and a while I'm dealing with a PLL or VCO problem, I guess my radio, which is 20 years old now, is at the end of a lifetime. Not shure if repair is going to be too expensive. So, I missed that DX... I hope to work some DX in the CQWW WPX SSB contest this weekend. I always check the Announced DX Operations list and found that new ones could be FK/4B4ALX (New Caledonia) and V73NC (Micronesia). XU7AEY (Cambodia) would be also a nice one. We'll see how it will turn out. If my radio has the same issues as last week the WPX contest will be limited to QRP only with the FT-817, which is still doing a fine job.

The FT-817 is running on 60m at the moment with 1W WSPR. First time for me on 60m WSPR and I had to find out what the dail frequency should be. So far I have it on 5364,7 MHz USB dail it seems to be allright!


However, I have mixed feelings about WSPR on this band. There are not so many active here. You need patience to see the DX. Might be interesting in the future...

6 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, gefeliciteerd met de 1000, op naar de 2000. Is dat de Kaapverdië? Die heb ik nog nooit eerder gezien. 73 Paul PAØK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Nee Paul, dat is een verkeerd gedecodeerd signaal. N63KKQ bestaat niet. Komt vaker voor. 73, Bas

Unknown said...

Hi Bas,
Ook van mij gefeliciteerd met de 1000.
Ik blijf je zeker volgen en ik hoop dat ik je een keer bij kan schrijven in mijn logboek.
Maak je al gebruik van log4om?
Zelf gebruik ik DXlab en ben er erg tevreden over.
73 maar weer
Gerard PA7GMU

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Gerard, ja ik gebruik log4OM voor mijn QSL administratie. Dat gaat goed. Maar bij de radio heeft mijn voorkeur toch hrd. 73,Bas

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, van harte gefeliciteerd met je 1000ste post!
Een geweldige prestatie om steeds maar weer interessante en leuke onderwerpen te vinden en te schrijven.
Op naar de volgende 1000 posten blijf je met veel plezier volgen. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ

Photon said...

Congratulations! I only really ever read your blog regularly, and not much of anyone else's.

I agree 60m WSPR is very poorly populated, and I don't understand why. All the bands are affected by 'developed nation' bias, in that the distribution of stations is highly skewed. But it is much worse on 60m.