Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New eQSL design

I have designed a new eQSL. And have to admit that I was inspired a little by Dick N2UGB. I like the old black&white photos and think this one is dated around 1930. Since I live in a house built around that time I can imagine this guy sitting in the livingroom here listening to this huge radio receiver.


Ik heb een nieuwe eQSL ontworpen. Een beetje geïnspireerd door Dick N2UGB. Dit soort zwart wit foto's mag ik graag bekijken. Waarschijnlijk is deze van zo rond 1930. En omdat ik in een huis woon van rond die tijd kan ik me goed voorstellen hoe deze man hier in de huiskamer zou zitten en luisteren naar zo een gigantische radio ontvanger.

8 comments:

Bert, PA1B said...

Hallo Bas, Mooie kaart. Zoo te zien uit de tijd dat rooken nog met een lange OO geschreeven werd. hi Hij straalt de "knusheid" van radio uit. 73, Bert

Flip Verweij PD1TC said...

Mooie kaart Bas.

73's Flip PD1TC

Dick said...

Hello Bas. I really like your "retro" e-QSL. That is what is so great about the e-QSL system. Send them a few dollars/euros and you can design your own card and change it as frequently as you wish. Really no excuse for those bland e-QSL cards. My "new" card, is a post-card reproduction of a Great Lakes ship. I will copy it and put iton my blog page.

73 Dick

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, mooie kaart, ik houd ook erg van zwart/wit foto's. Welk programma gebruik jij om dit te doen? 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

@Bert, ja geweldig. Soms zie ik me zelf al zo voor de radio zitten. Het straalt ook rust uit.

@Flip, bedankt!

@Dick, thanks for inspiring me. eQSL is a great system. But not all HAM operators are designers. Unfortenately most QSLs are just what eQS have in "stock". I always like a nice (e)QSL. Those are the only ones I keep on my computer.

@Paul, ik gebruik Paint Shop Pro 8.

73, Bas

Jspiker said...

Fantastic....love the special cards!

HamRadioIreland said...

Bas, a really nice touch. It's easy to forget what a revolution the wireless was and how recently this technology was invented and developed. Nice touch.

Anonymous said...

I like your design..Thanks for putting this on Bas, I might now try and use eQSL more with some of my own photos...... Mark MW0MJB