Wednesday, October 1, 2014

How to setup multiple accounts in eQSL

Why should you have more then one account in eQSL? Because as a portable station you are at different locations. Sometimes you activate a special place like a castle or a nature reserve in the COTA (WCA) and WFF programs. Probabely you like to send your contacts a special designed eQSL. Besides that eQSLs sent to your /P call are not placed in your normal eQSL box.

How to do it? Well I hope I can clearly explain. The first time I made a extra account I made a mistake I can still see at my account list. I can't undo it so I just entered a 1 minute time span at 1st of january 1900 in which I never made a QSO of course. I really don't know what happened exactly but you are not able to delete a account once it is made. I probabely made a error in the date or time and thought I should make another account because of that. If you make the same error, don't make the same mistake. If a date or time is wrong you can correct it at "My profile" inside the new account.



Above you see a list of the accounts made in my eQSL box. Every account has it's own eQSL design and it's own mailbox. If you have your account AG (Authenticity Guaranteed) qualified you can request that for other accounts as well.



When making a new account you just fill in the form that is below the "My Accounts" list. Make shure the call is the one you used like PE4BAS/M - /P or /QRP. Set the time of the activation right and take care about the for us europeans strange format of Month/Day/Year. Of course you need to have the right locator which you can easily find here. A nickname you can choose yourself as long as it is unique. Once you made the account it should show in the list. It could be you made a time or date fault after all. You don't need to make a new account but just log in the new account and alter the "My Profile" configuration. It's important you don't send your log directly from your computers logbook. Better make a ADIF from your activation log and upload it in your new account.



I hope this will help some other radioamateurs. And of course, don't make the same mistakes I made. If there are any questions I would like to read them at the comments. I'll do my best to solve any problems if I can.



7 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, ik heb ook een tweede account met /QRP want anders zie ik die niet in mijn gewone account. Altijd handig. Maar de laatste jaren gebruik ik de /QRP vrijwel nooit meer. 73 Paul

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello Bas en Paul, ik heb PA1B en een oude call en . . . zes vakantie accounts. hi.
Sommige tegenstations hebben ook eQSL's met /QRP en QRPp gestuurd. Op zich leuk, maar ik heb daarom nog twee accounts moeten toevoegen, die niet meetellen met de hoofdaccount PA1B.
73, Bert

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, ik gebruik persoonlijk nooit QRP achter mijn call. Ook niet als ik QRP werk. Zag het afgelopen contest echter wel weer voorbijkomen een paar keer. Is een veel te lange call voor contesten. En zeg zelf, wie maakt het nou uit of je QRP zit? Als je verstaanbaar bent is het ok. Je kan in het QSO nog zeggen dat je QRP bent en dan zegt het tegenstation vaak "wow". Dat is leuk :-) Maar het gaat denk ik ook meer om accounts van verschillende lokaties. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Bert, voor zover ik het kan bekijken telt alles mee voor de hoofdaccount. Tenminste als je alle accounts zo gemaakt heb als ik hier beschreef. Kijk maar eens in een andere account bij de "My awards". Dan zul je zien dat je geen awards kan aanvragen voor andere accounts. 73, Bas

Bert, PA1B said...

Hallo Bas, ik heb van de week eindelijk de moet opgevat om de eQSL's met /QRP en /QRPp (5) te beantwoorden. Van de 60 beantwoordde eQSL voor PA1B/QRP zijn er slechts 12 bekeken door het tegenstation. Dus wit in de lijst. Het kan zijn dat de gebruikers uit 2003 nu andere electronische QSL programma's gebruiken.
De vermogens varieren van 2,5 milliwatt tot 5 watt. hi. 73, Bert/QRP

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Bert, dat zou kunnen natuurlijk. Kan ook zijn dat men gewoon geen lid is van eQSL. Hoop in iedergeval dat je wat had aan mijn uitleg over meerdere accounts. 73, Bas

PY1RCH said...

Thank you a lot Bas! I made a mistake when I setup a SOTA activation and my QSL confirmations went to my primary account. Now, reading your article, I discovered that a should put a /P after my callsign. I will correct it just now! Great job! 73 de PY1RCH