Saturday, July 30, 2022

VarAC 15m activity day review

 Irad 4Z1AC the developer of VarAC invited all VarAC users to take part in a QSO party/activity day on 15m today. Unfortunately the propagation was not really the best. But VarAC is capable of decoding very low signals. I was testing the newest version 5.0.2 which has an ingenious slotted CQ feature.


You can click on the picture for a more detailed one to read about VarAC slots. I think it is well made and thought over. The slot sniffer is real handy to see if a slot is empty. 

I stopped monitoring now, I don't expect any propagation rise after sunset. This are todays results with ZR6WT as best distance (9000km). 


I only made a few QSOs:


The only real QSO was with Keijo OH2CBE, although signals were weak there was no problem to have a chat. Other contacts were just PING connects exchanging reports sometimes from me, sometimes from the other station.

Although propagation was not really good it was fun. Hope there will be another activity day in the future to test things. 

No comments: