Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Radioshack update 7 -Time to leave the temporary shack-

Ready to move...
I never thought I had so much radio related items collected over the years. Besides that I got a lot of other things I collected over the years, CDs, DVDs, tapes, poststamps, coins etc.. My XYL assured me this would never fit into the new radioshack, the collection is too large. I really need the clean up and try to find other ways to conserve what I got. I left the old temporary shack now, temporary for 5 years already....time flies. The new shack will hopefully be a definite place for the hobby. It took me and my XYL a day to move everything from old to new shack. I never thought a wireless hobby has so much wires, I really need to sort it all out and make things more organized. It will take days may be weeks before I got everything sorted out and the radio connected I think. Hopefully for the last time in many upcoming years.

Just a nice sky on a nice day
Ik had nooit gedacht dat ik zoveel radio gerelateerde dingen had verzameld over de jaren heen. Buiten dat heb ik nog veel meer verzamelingen, CD's, DVD's, cassettebandjes, postzegels, munten etc. Mijn XYL heeft me verzekerd dat het nooit allemaal in de nieuwe radioshack gaat passen, de collectie is te groot. Ik moet het echt allemaal uitzoeken en andere manieren vinden om bepaalde dingen te bewaren. Ik heb de voorlopige shack nu verlaten, 5 jaar voorlopig alweer de tijd vliegt. Ik hoop echt dat de nieuwe shack de definitieve plaats blijft voor de hobby. Het heeft mij en m'n XYL een dag gekost om alles te verhuizen van de oude naar de nieuwe shack. Ik had nooit gedacht dat een draadloze hobby zoveel draden zou bevatten, iets wat ik nu beter moet organiseren. Het zal nu dagen of misschien wel weken duren voordat ik alles weer een beetje uitgezocht heb en de radio aangesloten. Hopelijk voor de laatste keer in vele jaren...

6 comments:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas,

Eindelijk is dan het moment voor je aangebroken om te verkassen.
En ach, alles zal best wel zijn plaats vinden in de nieuwe shack. Effe de schouders eronder zetten hi, dan is het zo gebeurd.
Succes & 73
Hans, PE1BVQ

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, it's so true you just never know how much stuff you have until it's time to do a move. I have from time to time sorted through things that are just sitting doing nothing and sold them. For me I would rather see someone put to good use that was otherwise just taking up space at my location.
Mike

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, succes in je nieuwe onderkomen. We blijken meestal meer spullen te hebben dan we dachten. 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Ja Hans, we zijn al een heel eind. Ik ben blij dat het allemaal klaar is. Het aansluiten van de radioapparatuur zal nog wel even wat tijd in beslag nemen.

73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hi Mike, I think I'll sell some of the stuff. I'll try to store CD/DVDs on a HDD and probabely select QSL cards I really like. That will save me a lot of room. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Veel meer Paul, kom dingen tegen waarvan ik dacht dat ze allang weg waren...73, Bas