Thursday, February 3, 2011

Get ready for.....PACC 2011

This is how I operated my voicekeyer...
Slowly I need to get ready for the PACC. There is one thing I really need to do and that is to build the voicekeyer in a box. I will take care of that for shure. There is only 8 days to go and actually I did not exercise. So I need to do at least one contest this weekend to get in the mood....


Meanwhile I check propagation with WSPR so now and then. Very good results with only 1W today especially around the greyzone. So, that will be the time to hunt multipliers in the PACC contest.
I had the opportunity to add a new 20m DXCC on WSPR today which was XV4TUJ in Vietnam.  That he received my 1W signal is a miracle, but even more amazing was that I received his 0,5W signal !!

2011-02-03 15:30  XV4TUJ 14.097140  -24  OK20ua0.5  PE4BAS JO33jk9696  324

Langzamerhand begint de PACC dichterbij te komen, nog maar 8 dagen te gaan. Het word tijd dat ik me ga voorbereiden. 1 ding is zeker de voicekeyer komt in een behuizing, want dit kan echt niet langer zo. Dit weekend moet ik toch echt even oefenen met contesten, al is het maar even om er weer in te komen. Heb nog geen enkele contest gedaan dit jaar.


Ondertussen check ik de propagatie met WSPR, vandaag prima resulaten met 1W op 20m. Vooral rond de greyzone, dus dat is ook de beste tijd om multiliers te scoren in de PACC.
Vandaag kon ik weer eens een nieuwe 20m DXCC toevoegen aan mijn WSPR bestand, dit was XV4TUJ uit Vietnam. Dat hij mijn 1W signaal meekreeg was een wonder, maar helemaal geweldig was dat ik zijn 0,5W signaal ontving !!!

2 comments:

PD7BZ said...

Hi Bas,
I will be operating from another place during the PACC.It's a small house in Wezuperbrug...2KM from where we are now but more in the country.

I will try to put up a few antenne's there.A 3elm Tribander (10-20),HF6V vertical (10-80),FD3 (10-40) and a 2x 10M inverted V.
This way i have double antenne's for all my three bands.

I will go there because i think i would have less QRM on the bands.Here i have sometimes in daytime s6 on QRM.On the 40M bands it's never less then a s8 QRM as well.So i will be good prepared for the PACC....

But...propagation isn't that good.The 20M band is closed early.The 10M band wasn't really open yet as well.So just hope the bands will get better in the coming week...

Wish you good luck ofcourse and hope to work you on the bands for GR province.

73's Bernard PD7BZ

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Bernard, ja je had het hier al eens over. Ik wens jou ook veel succes en hoop je weer te werken op alle 3 de banden. 10m ga ik niet teveel tijd an besteden. Condities op 15m lijken tot nu toe ook niet best. Volgende week maar eens kijken hoe het lijkt. 73, Bas