There was a time I did more contesting. But time changes and so am I. Anyway, because of the WRTC (World Radio Team Championship) it was interesting to chase the teams on the band, And so I did a few hours in this contest. I only did S&P this time. And in the end I worked 40 from the 50 teams active. And in total 72 bandslots from the 500. I certainly had fun. And listening to the MB team stations I really adored the skill most of them had. Even when I barely heard the station they could still pick me out even with 30 wpm keying. It amazed me. In between I watched the WRTC livestream with interesting interviews and a look inside the organisation. Next WRTC will be in 4 years.
4 comments:
Good morning Bas, nice to see those CW contest CW contacts piling up on your log. Yes I too was in this contest and conditions were such that I have a huge amount in the log from North America. As for the EU only during the evening and early mornings did that pickup. I did manage to get about 20 or so MB contacts as well as HQ stations in the log.
73,
Mike
VE9KK
Hoi Bas. De condities waren voor de zomerdip vrij goed deze keer. Ik zat op 15m SSB Run bij OP0HQ, maar van daaruit was het heel erg moeilijk om ze te werken. Allemaal heel diep in de ruis. Ze zaten ook net op de grens van het gebied van de propagatievoorspelling, dus geen wonder. Veel ops hebben alleen maar meegedaan om deze toppers punten te geven. Nice.
73, Martin - PE1EEC
Tnx Mike, yes there was more CW as SSB in my opinion. At least at my QTH. And of course I like to do CW. 20 MB contacts is not bad from Canada under these circumstances. 73, Bas
Hallo Martin, ik weet eigenlijk niet of de condities goed of slecht waren, daarvoor heb ik te kort meegedaan. Maar ik heb wel een aantal leuke afstanden kunnen werken. Ik moet eerlijk zeggen dat mijn focus wel uitging naar de WRTC teams. 73, Bas
Post a Comment