Saturday, September 3, 2016

The monster is back...

Last year I visited the harbour Eemshaven near my QTH and made some photos from the largest pipe lay crane vessel of the world. It has gone away but when my wife and daughter visited the Eemshaven today this monster was just towed into the harbour again.


This thing is huge. Look at the size of those tugs. Four of them guiding it into the harbour.


Speaking about huge. My antennatower has finally moved to another place for the time being after 8 years into the mud and grass in the garden.


Hopefully I will find the time to set it up again this year. At least there is a start of things now. Thinking about where to dig a hole...


4 comments:

John AE5X said...

Very good Bas. How tall is the tower and do you already have an antenna to put on it?

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hi John, it is a 12m (40ft) telescopic tower. I will ad about 4m (13ft) at top of the rotor. I have several antennas that I want to test. Some of them are going to be sold later as I really want a multiband antenna including WARC bands. The antennas I have waiting (some of them for over 10 years) 5 elem. 6m yagi, 5 elem. 10m yagi and a FB33 triband beam. 73, Bas

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, inderdaad een monster die Saipem. Wat een groot gevaarte. Je snap niet dat het nog kan drijven.
Verder is het een gunstig teken dat de constructiemast nu naast het huis ligt. Er begint wat schot in de zaak te komen. Fijn voor je. Maar je weet, Rome en Parijs zijn ook niet in 1 dag gebouwd dus .........
Succes en tot gauw. (2 weken)
73 Hans, PE1BVQ.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, hoop toch dat ik binnenkort tijd heb om het neer te zetten. Tot over een week of 2. 73, Bas