Wednesday, March 23, 2016

#cqwpx QRP next

It really is very difficult to get more DXCC in the 100 DXCC in 100 days QRP log. And actually I expected this. As the days get longer I have less time for radio. And spending less time on the radio means less new DXCC as searching for them and calling QRP takes a lot of time. I'm now at 76 and don't expect to get at 100 in 100 days, but that doesn't really matter. If I would already have worked the 100 DXCC now it would be too easy. I think you feel much better afterwards if you really worked hard to get to the point you have in mind. I never did the CQ WW WPX QRP before, it's one of my favorite contests and my PE4 prefix is wanted. Last year I made 840 QSOs and counted almost a million points. But that was with 100W. I though this year my goal would be the 1 million points, but things went different. Since I entered the QRP challenge I decided to do the contest QRP this year and work as many DXCC as possible. I guess I will not get to the 100 this weekend but it would be nice to work a few new ones for the challenge. Hope to meet you on the bands this weekend. And remember, if you made a contact with me, you shure know you have a good receiver and antenna.

8 comments:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, mooie opmerking als laatste zin. Ik hoop dat het een leuke contest voor je wordt met een mooi score in de QRP-sectie. Veel succes man met de CQ WW! 73 Hans, PE1BVQ

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, maar zo is het in feite toch ook? Het zal niet liggen aan de QRP situatie en antenne's van mijn station. Het is juist de kwaliteit van het ontvangende station dat mij een voordeel geeft :-). Bedankt in iedergeval, ik ga m'n best doen. 73, Bas

Bert, PA1B said...

Hallo Bas, over mijn eerste 75 DXCC's met 500 mW, deed ik een jaar of tien. Dus . . . gewoon door gaan! Succes. 73, Bert

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, maar als de condities / propagatie niet mee werkt dan is zelfs een goede antenne waardeloos. Deze week was het toch wel erg slecht, en nog steeds. 73 Paul PC4T

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Bert, nou een jaar of 10 ga ik niet wachten hoor. Als ik alle DXCC bij elkaar optel die ik QRP heb gewerkt in de tijd dat ik zendamateur ben kom ik wel over de 100. Als ik de tijd daarvoor nog reken kom ik denk ik rond de 150. Maar ja, dat mag ik natuurlijk niet meetellen. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, dat de condities waardeloos waren afgelopen week was van te voren al bekend. Kijk maar naar het dagelijks sunspot verloop (Daily EISN, link hier rechts onder "DX"). Het gaat nu weer omhoog want de zon heeft zijn rotatie bijna weer gemaakt. Dit weekend schat ik het aantal sunspots weer op 40-50. Ik hoop het maar. 73, Bas

Ariel Jacala said...

Hello Bas

The Contest is a good way to pick up new QRP DXCC. I picked up 20+ during the ARRL DX Contest for the rest of my 100. I was like you in the low 70's on my DXCC count. Good luck in the WPX contest.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Thanks Ariel, as I write this I already worked at least 10 new DXCC for the list. A miracle as propagation is very low. 73, Bas