Monday, September 14, 2015

Cleaning the blogroll

It is that time to clean the blogroll again. I inserted some very nice new ones this year. And did remove from those who did not update their blog for over a year. Gone are the blogs from NU8Z, PA1JIM, N4LA, VK2RH, PA5MW, PE2JMR, KD8RTT, AD7MI, DL1SDZ, JE1TRV, WA4FAT, VE3XYD. Some of them made a note in their blog they would stop some others did not and just stopped updating. Others did make a move to social sites like facebook. Sometimes I wonder why someone stops and still keep the blog online? Probabely they just forget it!

The only blog that's not updated and still in my blogroll is G4ILO for sentimental reasons.


6 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, dat doe ik ook eens in de zoveel tijd. Sommige houden het bloggen voor gezien. Eveneens houd ik G4ILO ook aan vanwege dezelfde redenen, omdat zijn website ook nog steeds in de lucht is, met interessante dingen. 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, ik zie dat er ook nog steeds veel mensen op mijn blog komen via de blog van G4ILO. Dat zal voor jou ook gelden. 73, Bas

Anonymous said...

A good idea as people do move on from the blogging world. I know I don't blog as often as I used to but winter is coming and hopefully I'll have more ham adventures to share. I hope all is well on the other side of the pond! 73, Phil AK7DD

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Phil, I can imagine that. And it could be that your radio adventures in Alaska were more interesting. Hope to read new things on your blog soon.
73, Bas

qrp-gaijin said...

Regarding your question, "I wonder why someone stops and still keep the blog online?": Some blogs have a lot of valuable technical information, schematics, lessons learned, etc., so sometimes (or even many times) it makes sense to keep the blog online even if it is not updated anymore. I'm sometimes rather saddened when I see some technical blogs, that I used to frequent, disappear into the aether (QRP experimenter AA1TJ's blog is one example that had several interesting circuits but that unfortunately has disappeared).

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I do understand it when you got some valuable info online. But most do not. And even if so most of the time there is no goodbye message. If I would stop and leave my blog online the last message would contain a farewell message and links to the most valuable posts in my opinion. 73, Bas