Saturday, January 10, 2015

WSPR 30m 990 minute run

I decided to do a last run on the power supply in the shack. 99 times a 10 minute slot. This time I used the vertical. The advantage is that I can use my radio to listen elsewhere. I choose the 40m band to listen to on SSB and JT65/JT9. Wow, I didn't hear much 2 or 3 stations with very low signals, rest of the band was quiet. JT65/JT9 was very active though signals were just audible. I was spotted several times with 5W on JT9 but despite several CQs didn't make any QSOs. The results on 30m WSPR were not promising, some spots at night but it took till sunrise when spots really came in. Best DX was VK7DIK from Tasmania (16876km).

WW spots

EU spots

EU close spots

USA spots
Till now I'm satisfied with the performance of the WSPR kit. It doesn't run hot. The Gymboss timer has a 1 second deviation at a complete 99 times run, very acceptable. However the goal is to solar power it and leave it running apart from the radioshack with a dedicated antenna. So I'll stop the tests for now till I have the WSPR kit installed in the garage on the solar powered battery and made a dedicated antenna.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, zo'n TXO / WSPR kit is natuurlijk wel erg leuk, maar ik vroeg mij af of je nu niet de ontvanger mist. We zijn met WSPR altijd gewend om te kijken hoever ons signaal komt, maar ook wat wij zelf kunnen spotten. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ