Sunday, February 3, 2013

PE4BAS on 4m?

Hard to believe, but I made my first 4m band FM QSO yesterday with PE1RFY Jasper from Bornwird. The QSO was made when attending a club meeting in Leek at PH7B Bert. He offered me to make a 4m QSO and as I do not have anything regarding to this new band I took the opportunity. 

In the evening I took part in the EPC PSK63 contest to gather points for the national VERON departments competition. Well, I didn't have much fun and stopped at 26 QSOs. I was active on 80m but the amount of stations was too much. There was a station every half KHz and when I thought I found a empty part in the waterfall and switched on the narrow filter up there were even more stations from behind the noise, with other words there were multiple layers of stations calling. I guess that's a disadvantage of a 80m horizontal quad....

Niet te geloven maar ik heb gisteren mijn eerste 4m band FM QSO gemaakt met PE1RFY Jasper uit Bornwird. Het QSO is gemaakt na een verenigings bestuurs vergadering die we hadden bij PH7B Bert uit Leek. Bert liet me zijn shack zien en stelde voor een QSO te maken op 4m en omdat ik zelf niets voor die band heb liet ik deze kans niet voorbij gaan.

In de avond heb ik no even meegedaan aan de EPC PSK63 contest om wat punten te sprokkelen voor de VERON afdelingscontest. Maar veel plezier had ik er niet in en ik ben gestopt op 26 QSO's. Ik was aktief op 80m maar de hoeveelheid stations was gewoon te veel. Elke halve KHz zat een station en als ik een leeg stukje in de waterval had gevonden en het narrow filter aan schakelde kwamen er gewoon weer stations vanuit de ruisdrempel omhoogzetten. M.a.w. er zaten meerdere lagen stations over elkaar heen. Dat is dan weer het nadeel van een 80m horizontale quad denk ik....

No comments: